Static mixers helps to get desired mixing of two or more components without moving of an equipment. These mixers are also specialized for continuous mixing of components with perfect mannered mixing quality. Compact structure of static mixer mixes the streams of fluids into housing and pipelines. Adequate mixing in such compact area can be obtained by inserting a static mixer only. It differentiates itself with its stable and fixed nature unlike traditional mixers. Here we offer optimized blending technology for fluids as well as gasses with less energy consumption. Our efficient mixers are fully developed and manufactured to only satisfy and justify the industrial needs.
Working Principle of Static Mixer
Static mixing assure that mixing can be achieved in short pipe length and in motionless operation. Efficiency of static mixer depends on the angular arrangement of elements. Mixing elements are serially arranged one after another to get homogeneous mixed outlet throughout. Various angles mixing elements divides and Recombines the streams through the mixer to achieve the required homogeneous mixture. Process requirements and specific properties such as density, viscosity of fluid stream, degree of mixing of mixture are the factors which decides the number of mixing elements required in a mixer.
Benefits of Static Mixer
- Direct molding of material into mixing element gives efficient mixing without energy consumption.
- Proper distribution of fluid streams, additives into short pipe section can be achieved in very short time.
- Most consistent type of mixer in the segment regarding viscosity, colour, texture of the product outlet.
- Easy and customizable to handle. Quick changes in mixture or stream ratio can be done accordingly.
- Accurate shaping and sizing of the mixer provided. Need not to be modify or reevaluated unlike large mixers.
- Compatible with all type of industrial applications.
A wide variety of process applications take advantage of static mixing technology including:
High Efficiency SMX element
Specifications of Static Mixers
- High Viscosity Mixing
- High – Low Viscosity Mixing
- Heat Transfer Enhancement
- Low Viscosity Liquids Mixing
- Gas Mixing
- Dispersion of Immiscible Liquids
- Gas-Liquid Contacting
Almost every processing industry uses static mixers for its particular applications. The applications of static mixer in various industries has been categorized as,
- Distribution of immiscible liquids in various washing and extraction operations
- Mixing gases with air in front of catalytic reactors such as in Nitric Acid production process.
- Dissolving gases into liquids such as NH3, SO2, Cl2
- Mixing Reactive materials in short length/Space
- Heating and Cooling of the viscous materials
- Blending of fruit juice concentrates
- Adding CO2gas to fruit juices, wine, beer, etc.
- Dilute concentrates
- Heating and cooling chocolate
Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Controlling pH of waste water with acids/bases
- Dilution of Flocculants and addition of it to waste water
- For Dissolving purpose of CO2, O2, Cl2 and Ozone into water
- For Mixing ground and surface waters
- Aerated drinking water processes
Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Mixing of crude oil to provide uniform and homogeneous feed to refinery
- For contacting crude oil with water to get optimized desalted performance
- Adding additives into gasoline, lubricating oils, fuel oil
- Mixing of steam with methane for feeding into reformer
- For contacting used lubricating oils with sulfuric acid for treatment of waste oil
- Natural Gas Processing
- Pulp & Paper Processing
- Cosmetics & Detergents
- Potable Water Treatment
- Power Plants
- Catalyst Manufacture and Catalytic Reactors
- Pollution Control
- Minerals & Ore Processing
- Vegetable Oil Processing
- Reverse Osmosis Feed Pretreatment
- Scrub Noxious Gases with caustic